Being a younger, female comes with its own challenges - can we all agree? After a long flight and long layovers, I've compiled a list of items I believe have helped me (and my kick-butt counterparts) succeed as independent women in the entrepreneur/business field. Is it what the kids are calling #On-Fleek? Hum, please let me know as I'm still trying to uncover that mystery.
1. We are our own worst critic.
2. Schedule time off. For the love of ourselves and others - please.
3. Go with confidence. It's sexy.
4. Set a schedule.
5. Write it down. Got goals? WRITE IT DOWN.
6. GO the extra mile.
7. Sleep. Its an easy thing.
8. Exercise. Look and feel great - #winning.
9. Wake up early. Ever heard of the saying the, "Early bird catches the worm"
10. Celebrate the milestones. Buy that expensive bottle of champagne and pop-it.
11. Don't be too hard on yourself.
12. Mistakes are the best lessons for improvement.
13. Don't be afraid to say, "No".
14. Evaluate if its worth your valuable time.
15. Be nice. People like to work with nice people.
16. Prepare and think for the future.
17. Only YOU can make yourself feel inferior.
18. Treat people as you want to be treated. Luke 6:13.
19. Grind hard every single day.
20. Don't take it personal. Business is business. (Too bad; they missed out.)
21. People WILL disappoint you. Forget and move on.
22. Take the higher road - always. Karma is a little b*tch.
23. Invest in yourself.
24. If you say you're going to do it - produce.
25. Always be 5 mins early.
26. Playing dirty won't get you anything in the long run but a bad reputation.
27. Use your youth to your advantage.
28. By all means, respond in a timely fashion.
29. Network and follow-up. Hand written letters go a long way these days.
30. You will be copied & trash-talked at times. Haters gonna hate - It's flattery.
31. (Unofficial) Kick-*ss!
Power to the Lady Moguls!
Millennial. Southern. Professional, REALTOR in Columbia, SC.